Sunday, March 3, 2013

Yorkville Park

I'm continuing to dig into my archives for fair weather pics and present this pic taken in Yorkville Park which is a park that greened over a parking lot! The park has various areas representing different zones in Canada but I'm not sure which zone this series of arches is meant to be. As you can see it is very popular as a place to sit and have lunch when the weather is fine. At the end of the arches you can see some of the small exclusive shops that the area is known for.

13 comments:

Birdman said...

Are those vines growing at the top among the wires?

Lowell said...

I really like the idea of greening over a parking lot and it looks like "they" have done a nice job with it here. The arches are rather unique - kind of like a long pergola. I can see it is a popular place. I'd sure visit if I could!

Marleen said...

It looks like a very friendly place.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I can almost feel the heat of Summer in your photo!

Deb said...

Looks like an interesting place to visit any time of year.

jennyfreckles said...

We should green over a few more car parks. The shadows and perspective make this structure enticing for a photo.

Randy said...

Beautiful walkway. I like the shadows too.

Andy said...

This is an interesting scene. I like how the shadows were cast on the walkway. I also like the warm weather... I can't wait. I am also running out of photos. Help!

Sharon said...

I like the shade patterns that the structure makes.

Halcyon said...

I love this little plaza. It looks different in every season!

EG CameraGirl said...

This is such a fun place to visit but I haven't been there in years. Bad, I know. I really need to travel south of Steeles Avenue in the near future.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Super shadow shot Pat.

William Kendall said...

I do like that!